Industry statistics show significant growth year after year in the mobile audience, and apps are driving that growth. Are you doing everything you can to get yourself in front of your audience? If you don’t have an app for your station on their phone, you could probably be doing more.
According to an AppAnnie study covered by Rain News, we see downloads, time spent, and revenue all increase. A few takeaways from that study:
- Worldwide downloads increasing 15% from the previous year to more than 90 billion
- In several major markets – including the U.S., UK, China, and India – the average consumer uses more than 30 apps each month
- Total time spent in apps rose 25%, for nearly 900 billion hours worldwide
- Publishers saw more than $35 billion in revenue from the two app markets last year, reflecting 40% yearly growth
An eMarketer study shows the rapid growth of smartphone usage as a whole:
- This year, US adults will spend 1 hour and 54 minutes a day using apps on their smartphones, 7 minutes more than last year. In contrast, they’ll only surf the mobile web on their phones for 19 minutes a day, a decline of 2 minutes from last year
- This year, there will be 184.1 million adult smartphone users in the US, representing 73.6% of the adult population
Today’s the day to start capitalizing on the growing mobile audience, and reaching your listeners in the ways they expect to find you. Contact us more to find out more about mobile application development!